Connected Vehicles Solutions
Connected Vehicles (V2X, or vehicle-to-everything) technology combines two elements: communication between vehicles and infrastructure (V2I, or vehicle-to-infrastructure) and communication between vehicles (V2V, or vehicle-to-vehicle). Together, those elements form the basis of Cooperative Intelligent Transportation Systems (C-ITS).
V2X is a standardized two-way dedicated short range communication (DSRC) technology. The communication technology is based on broadcasting messages instead of point-to-point communication.
The standards for the communication technology are defined in the ETSI ITS-G5 for Europe and IEEE WAVE® for the United States.
"Our mobility solutions enable users to arrive at their destination comfortably. On time. Safely. Efficiently."
Kapsch is a
- Forerunner in V2X technology
- Supplier for the whole package of V2X products & services (on-board units, roadside units, software, traffic management)
- Participant in V2X lighthouse projects (e.g. European Corridor Project, platooning trials)
- Leader in standardization (e.g. ETSI)
V2X for Safety
- Emergency Electronic Brake Light
- Collision Risk Warning
- Stationary Vehicle Warning
- Emergency Vehicle Warning
- Road Condition Warning
V2X for Efficiency
- Green Light Optimal Speed Advice
- Public Transport Prioritization
- Multi-Modal Information
- Travel Time Information
V2X for Infrastructure
- Intersection Safety
- In-Vehicle Information
- Signal Priority for Emergency Vehicles
- Road Works Warning
- Probe Vehicle Data
- Traffic Condition Warning
European Corridor –
Austrian Testbed for Cooperative Systems: